My default setting is positivity. I’ve always been a glass-half-full, silver lining finder, bright side focuser kind-a-gal. For me, having a positive mindset is quite an easy task to cultivate. Not all the time, but most of the time.
I find some people in my life aren’t the same. They don’t naturally go to the positive. We’ll be in the same situation and they will find the negative things first. “It’s too crowded. It’s too expensive. It’s a waste of time” blah blah blah.
BUT if I challenge them to try and find the positive things. If I help them to see that things aren’t actually all that bad. Something magical happens.
And I call this the Power of Positivity.
So why be positive? Because you could get the following results:
- Your entire day changes. If you thought it was a crappy day at the very beginning but started to look for the positive things, your day changes. It turns a really bad day into a bloody awesome one.
- Cultivates your success mindset. Being successful at anything is an inside job. It’s up to you and cultivating the right mindset. This can be quite tricky and so the way to start is to start small. Start with positivity. Start with finding the good in the now. It helps you regain control of your mindset.
- Illuminates opportunities. When you stop focusing on all the ways something CAN’T work, the only thing that is left to do is to find how it COULD work. All of a sudden you are seeing opportunities that you couldn’t see before. Magic.
- Connect with People. People are drawn to positivity. People want to feel good and will gravitate towards people who are exemplifying that “feel good” vibe. Being positive is a people magnet! Consider yourself warned.
- Cultivates productivity. When you think positive, you feel positive. You feel joy, happiness, excitement. This leads to taking action. When you feel good you have the energy and clarity to move forward and get work done. Positivity really does lead to productivity.
- Nurtures engagement. If you work in a corporate environment, creating a positive atmosphere for your employees and colleagues helps them to stay engaged and devoted to their work. If you are building a soul tribe, positivity is like giving them all a big loving hug. And they are going to stick around and interact with you just to get more hugs.
So don’t underestimate the power of positivity. It truly can change lives. So I dare you to approach life through the lens of positivity and notice how your world changes.
For more positivity – sign up to my daily e-newsletter list. You will get daily reminders of just how awesome you are and life is.