Self care is super important. Having time out just for yourself allows you to recharge your batteries, listen to that all important inner voice and generate love for yourself. As a mama of two young kids I know that self care allows me to care for them better. When my own cup is filled, I can serve others better.
So what are some ideas that you can do for your own self care practice? It doesn’t have to be huge. You just have to take a small action to say “you are important. You deserve something nice all for yourself. No-one else”. Here are some ideas that I LOVE, that don’t take ages and are super powerful.
- Watch a favourite movie
- Have a bath
- Go for a walk
- Read a book
- Take a nap
- Give yourself a manicure
- Eat a delicious meal
- Put on some lovely perfume
- Sit in the sun for 10 minutes
- Give yourself a facial
- Get a massage
- Buy yourself a new candle or crystal
- Drink some tea or hot water with lemon
- Go watch a musical or a theatre performance.
- Write a letter to a best friend.
- Create an uplifting, fun playlist
- Do some mindful colouring
- Visit a garden centre and buy a beautiful flower to have in your house.
- Do a workout
- Create a vision board
- Go for a drive
Whatever you choose to do for yourself, make sure it lights you up. Choose to do something because it makes you happy and brings you joy. The more you follow your heart and do things that make you feel happy, the better you will feel and your confidence will grow.
For more ideas on how you can make simple shifts to upgrade your life, sign up to my daily e-newsletter.